Consider dropping by The Queer Lounge to meet up with a friend or take a breather between screenings, have a meet-and greet-with a distributor or financier or meet a filmmaker for a press interview. The Queer Lounge has many functions.
The Queer Lounge will provide you with:
- A COMFORTABLE SETTING & AMENITIES: tables, sofas, chairs where visitors can have business meetings, relax, have complimentary snacks, beverages and coffee and easily find out about queer events and films from posters, flyers, and knowledgeable Queer Lounge staff
- COMPUTER STATIONS: Patrons will have limited-time at computer stations where they can do research on the internet and check emails
- VIEWING LIBRARY: Queer Lounge staff will help patrons check out clips or trailers for queer films selected at Sundance, Slamdance, Slamdunk, etc. to be watched at the Viewing Stations.
- VIEWING STATIONS: DVD-viewers and TV/VCR combos comprising viewing stations where patrons of the Lounge can bring one guest—for example, an acquisitions scout, distributor, agent, friend, editor, etc—to view a clip from their own film or a clip and trailer from queer-film selection from one of the Film Festivals.
Viewing Stations will not be limited to Film Festivals selections. Patrons who are actors, editors, directors, producers, etc. are welcome to show their own reels and trailers to other film professionals at the Viewing Stations.
- PANELS: Panel discussions or "meet the filmmaker" events will take place
- MIXERS: Early evening professional mixers, a “Happy Hour,” will occur daily to further facilitate networking
- VOLUNTEERS: Queer Lounge volunteers will accrue information during the course of the Festival, keeping patrons informed of events and mixers